It all began over a year ago when Cantley’s Nelson Lawlor generously offered to donate an historic mine car to Cantley 1889. He had one condition - that it be restored and installed near Cantley’s tugboat in Parc Mary-Anne-Phillips to tell about Cantley’s significant mining heritage.
See also The Echo of Cantley article Celebrate Cantley’s Mining Era and the
Celebration of Cantley’s mining heritage and the official unveiling of Cantley’s Mine Car and plaque event.
Logging on the Gatineau River is an important part of Cantley's history; its symbol, the tugboat, proudly serves as emblem on the Cantley flag and logo. We want to feature our own original tugboat, restoring it from its current location on the shore of the Gatineau River (at the base of Parc Mary-Anne-Phillips) to a place of honour, in Parc Mary-Anne-Phillips, where it would stand, silhouetted against the Outaouais skyline and the ripples of the river.